* 3/4 cup Frank’s RedHot
* 1 stick butter
* 2 pounds ground chicken (preferably thigh meat)
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 stalks celery, minced (about 1 cup)
* 2 eggs
* 1 2/3 cups bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small pot, combine the butter and Frank’s RedHot.
3. Heat over a low flame, whisking until the butter is melted and incorporated.
4. Set aside the pot to cool for 10 minutes at room temperature.
5. Combine the rest of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until thoroughly incorporated.
6. Drizzle the olive oil into a large baking dish (9″ x 13″), making sure to evenly coat the entire surface. (Note: use your hand to help spread the oil.)
7. Roll the mixture into round, large marble-sized meatballs, making sure to pack the meat firmly.
8. Place the meatballs into the oiled baking dish such that all of the meatballs are lined up evenly in rows and are touching each of their four neighbors in a grid.
9. Roast until firm and cooked through (about 15 minutes).
10. Allow the meatballs to cool for five minutes before removing from the tray.
Makes about 75 large marble-size meatballs.
Camille Ford has been in love with and playing football since the 2nd grade. A professional foodie for over 10 years, she has a passion for great eats, you-can-do-it recipes and community, making her a tailgate regular. Follow her exploits @CamiFord and on her website.