* 5 pounds tripe
* 4 ounces blended oil
* 1 ounce sesame oil
* 2 ounces ginger, minced
* 6 ounces garlic, sliced
* 25 ounces onions, sliced
* 3 ounces Szechuan peppercorn, ground
* 1/2 ounce dried chile
* 25 ounces tomato paste
* 13 ounces chili bean paste (1 can)
* 5 pounds ground short rib
* 2 quarts chicken stock
* 10 ounces soy sauce
* Spicy mustard
* Shallots, fried
1. Clean tripe.
2. Place tripe in a pot and cover with cold water.
3. Bring to a boil and strain.
4. Repeat this 5 times.
5. Heat blended and sesame oils.
6. Sweat ginger first, then garlic, then onions.
7. Add peppercorns, chili, tomato paste and chili bean paste.
8. Cook out tomato paste for 10 minutes.
9. Add short rib meat, chicken stock, soy sauce and tripe.
10. Bring to simmer and cover.
11. Braise for 4 hours or until tripe is tender.
12. Grill your favorite grilled hotdogs.
13. Top hotdogs with chile.
14. Add spicy mustard, scallions, cilanto and fried shallots as desired.
Camille Ford has been in love with and playing football since the 2nd grade. A professional foodie for over 10 years, she has a passion for great eats, you-can-do-it recipes and community, making her a tailgate regular. Follow her exploits @CamiFord and on her website.