In doing my research for Tailgate Fan over these many weeks, I’ve picked up a human lifetime worth of mind-melting merits on the cities we visit. Being a good-natured and generous fellow, I will now pass these five nuggets of useless information on to you, so that this knowledge will not have been lost… in case, you know… I get mauled by a dancing Bengal Tiger!
1. Cincinnati is the chili capital of the world, namely because its residents eat over 2 million pounds of chili every year and over 850,000 pounds of shredded cheese!
Which also makes it the unofficial toilet paper capital of the world!
2. Did you know Cincy is located at the confluence of the Ohio and Licking River?
No, not that kind of licking!
3. ‘The Nati’ has one of the largest collections of Italian architecture in the world… Take that, Michelangelo!
No, not that Michelangelo!
4. Believe it or not, Cincinnati is named after a great Roman dictator… Who Dey thought?
Ok, that’s not even close!
5. Finally, in 1879, Cincinnati made the first bar of Ivory Soap… And all these years later, this guy still didn’t get the memo.
Keep Calm and Beard On, Cincinnati!