* 2 cups pinto beans
* 4 garlic cloves
* 1 white onion
* 1 avocado leaf
1. Soak beans in water overnight with garlic, white onion and avocado leaf.
2. Simmer beans until completely cooked.
3. Add salt to taste.
Pico de gallo
* 2 cups onion, diced
* 2 cups tomato, diced
* 1⁄2 cup jalapeno, diced
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Combine all ingredients together.
2. Add salt to taste.
Masa Fried Catfish
How much masa, water, flour and catfish?
* 1 cup masa
* 1 cup water
* 6 – 8 ounces catfish
* 1/2 cup flour
1. Mix one part masa (the dough used to make corn tortillas) and one part water together until
2. Dredge fish in all-purpose flour and place in masa batter.
3. Set deep fryer to 360 degrees.
4. Fry fish for about 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and Old Bay seasoning.
* 14″ flour tortilla
* 2.5 ounces pinto beans
* 2 ounces pico de gallo
* 3 1-ounce portions of masa catfish
* 2 ounces white jack cheese
* 1.5 ounces avocado
* 1 ounce of Mexican crema
1. Combine ingredients to make burrito.
Camille Ford has been in love with and playing football since the 2nd grade. A professional foodie for over 10 years, she has a passion for great eats, you-can-do-it recipes and community, making her a tailgate regular. Follow her exploits @CamiFord and on her website.