* 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* Juice of one lime
* 1/4 head red cabbage, finely shredded
* 1 large carrot, cut into matchstick-size pieces
* 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
* 1/2 a jicama, peeled, sliced thin cut into matchstick-size pieces
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 6 tortillas
* 1 cup pinto or black beans, cooked and mashed
* 1/2 pound tilapia, steamed, grilled or baked, salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
* 1 avocado, sliced
1. Combine vinegar, honey, olive oil and lime juice in a small bowl.
2. Combine cabbage, carrot, cilantro, jicama, salt and pepper in a larger bowl.
3. Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss.
4. Set aside the slaw.
5. Spread each tortilla with some beans.
6. Top each tortilla with equal parts fish, avocado and slaw.
7. Add cheese and hot sauce if you like.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.