* 3 pounds sirloin tip or chuck roast* 1 12-ounce jar chili sauce
* 6 ounces water
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 large onion, sliced
* 2 loaves French bread
* Olive oil spray
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a crock pot, add meat ingredients and stir.
2. Slow cook for 8 hours.
3. Cut each loaf of French bread into 4 equal parts and then slice those down the middle (8 sandwiches total).
4. Spray insides of the bread with olive oil spray.
5. Sprinkle on a little bit of garlic powder and parsley.
6. Spoon out the cooked meat onto the sandwich bread (it will fall apart into pieces).
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.