* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1/8 cup rice vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
* 6 cups leafy green lettuce
* 1 cup sliced strawberries
* 2 tablespoons almonds
* 2 tablespoons grated or diced chunks of a cheese (Parrano works well)
1. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.
2. Refrigerate dressing.
3. Toss together salad ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add dressing to salad and toss some more.
Serves 4 as a side salad.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.