* 4 ounce can of red Thai curry paste
* 4 cans of coconut milk
* Juice of 2 limes
* 1 stalk lemon grass, prepped
* 2/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup fish sauce
* 2 cups water
* 1 cup mushrooms (optional)
* 2 cups bamboo shoots
* 8 ounce sirloin, sliced thinly into bite-size strips
* 1 large sweet potato (or 2 cups dense squash like Japanese pumpkin), cubed and steamed
1. In a large pot over low to medium heat, add the chili paste.
2. Stir for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add in the coconut milk and stir until paste is fully combined.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the cooked potatoes (or cooked squash).
5. Cook for 20 minutes.
6. Add in the cooked potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes, until everything is cooked/heated through.
7. Serve hot over rice.
Serves about 15
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.