Ingredients (peanut sauce):
* 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons coconut milk
* 1 teaspoon hot sauce like Tabasco or sriracha
* Thai sweet chili sauce to taste
* 2 teaspoons peanut or sesame oil
* 1/2 pound sirloin steak, sliced into 2″ x 1/2″ slices
* 1/3 loaf french bread
* 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, washed
1. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized frying pan over high heat, heat the oil.
3. Sear sliced steak on both sides.
4. Cook steak until desired wellness.
5. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and divide into 3 sandwiches (6 pieces total).
6. Spread peanut sauce on each slice of sandwich bread.
7. Add steak and cilantro on top.
8. Close sandwich.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.