* 1 loaf french bread
* 1 egg
* 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
* 1 pound of chicken breasts
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* Thai sweet chili sauce
* 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
* 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
* 1 lime, quartered
1. Divide bread lengthwise and cut into 4 even sections to make 8 slices for 4 sandwiches, and set aside.
2. Beat the egg and place in a shallow bowl.
3. Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl or a pie plate.
4. Pound the chicken breasts until they are flat, about 1/2-inch thick.
5. Dip the chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs until they are fully coated.
6. Heat up a heavy medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
7. Heat up the olive oil.
8. When the oil sizzles with a drop of water, add in the chicken.
9. Cook until browned on one side.
10. Flip the chicken and fry on the other side until golden.
11. Remove chicken and set aside on paper towels to cool.
12. When cooled, slice thinly and lay some on one side of the sandwich bread.
13. Drizzle chili sauce on chicken.
14. Spread peanut butter on the other piece of bread.
15. Top with cilantro and lime.
16. Repeat until all 4 of the sandwiches are made.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.