* 1/4 cup multi-grain pancake batter, prepared
* Eggs, beaten
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 of one jalapeno pepper, chopped and sauteed in a bit of olive oil
* Olive oil spray or butter
* 2 ounces grated cheddar cheese
* 2 soft corn tortillas, torn into one-inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine pancake batter, eggs, salt, pepper and sauteed jalapenos.
3. Spray an 8″X8″ baking pan with an olive oil spray or butter the pan.
4. Pour in egg mixture.
5. Sprinkle in grated cheese and torn up tortillas and give a little stir.
6. Place baking pan in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
7. Serve with pineapple salsa or any salsa and hot sauce.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.