* 6 hot dogs
* 6 hot dog buns
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter
* 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
* 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1. In a medium sized saute pan, heat up the olive oil.
2. Saute the onions until they are translucent.
3. Open up buns.
4. Slice hot dogs lengthwise and place in the buns.
5. Add desired amount of cheese on hot hot dog so it melts a bit.
6. Add onions.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.