* 4 ounces tomato juice
* 1 ½ ounces vodka
* 1 good squeeze lime juice
* ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* ¼ teaspoon ground fennel
* ¼ teaspoon celery seed
* ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
* Pickle spear
* Sliced raw fennel
1. Mix the tomato juice, vodka, lime juice and Worcestershire sauce together in a highball glass.
2. Add the ground fennel, celery seed and black pepper.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Toss in a few ice cubes.
5. Garnish with the pickle spear and fennel.
6. Crunch down on the fennel as you would traditional celery.
7. Give the drink a lazy stir with the pickle to inject some salty, briny goodness.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Stop in at the Man Cave Daily, where the women are hot and the beer is cold.
Rochelle Bilow is a food and wine writer who cooks with lard. To read more of her meandering thoughts on eating and drinking, visit her website at rochellebilow.com or follow her on Twitter @RochelleBilow.