* 1 pound of flank steak
* 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped finely
* Juice of one lime
* 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
* 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
* 1 medium sized onions, cut into rings
* 2 tablespoons of olive oil, separated
* 4 flour tortillas, white or whole wheat
* shredded cheese of your choice
* sour cream
1. Combine marinade ingredients: one tablespoon of oil with cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice and stir.
2. Marinate steak in fridge for at least an hour.
3. Shake off steak to remove marinade.
4. Grill or fry up the steak for at least 3-5 minutes per side over high heat.
5. Remove steak from heat and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
6. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the already-used grill pan.
7. Grill peppers and onions until wilted and onions are translucent.
8. Thinly slice steak.
9. Combine steak with vegetables.
10. Serve hot with tortillas, cheese, sour cream and guacamole (if you like).
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.