* 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
* 2 loaves unsliced French bread
* ¾ stick of butter
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* ½ cup mayonnaise
* ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* ½ teaspoon black pepper
* 2 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
* 1 large red tomato
* ¾ cup red onion, sliced
1. Combine the shrimp, 1 teaspoon olive oil, lemon juice, ½ tablespoon cayenne pepper and Old Bay seasoning in a large zip-top plastic bag.
2. Seal and toss to coat.
3. Marinate the shrimp in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
4. Place 6-8 shrimp on each skewer, leaving ¼ inch between each shrimp.
5. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with olive oil.
6. Grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque.
7. Cut French bread loaf in half horizontally.
8. Hollow out the top half of loaf, leaving a ½ -inch border.
9. Combine butter, 1 teaspoon olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan.
10. Place on the grill until butter is melted.
11. Coat both cut sides of the loaf halves with the mixture.
12. Briefly toast bread on the grill.
13. Combine mayonnaise, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, Dijon mustard, ½ tablespoon cayenne pepper and black pepper, stirring well.
14. Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of the loaf.
15. Arrange lettuce, tomato, red onion and shrimp evenly over bottom half.
16. Replace top half of loaf and cut sandwich.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.