* 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage
* 1 pound hot Italian sausage
* 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 large onion, sliced ¼-inch thick
* 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced ¼-inch thick
* 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced ¼-inch thick
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 8 Italian hero rolls
1. Coat onion and peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Place vegetables on the grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
3. Once cooked, remove vegetables from the grill and dice into bite-sized pieces.
4. Coat both the sausages in olive oil.
5. Place sausages on the grill for about 4 minutes per side or until evenly cooked through.
6. Remove sausages, slice into 2-inch pieces on an angle.
7. Set pieces into a large foil tray along with the diced vegetables, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
8. Place tray on the grill for 5 minutes to allow all the ingredients to roast together.
9. Split the bread and toast on the grill.
10. Pile the meat and peppers into the sub rolls.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Chef Frank (Frank Sauer) started his cooking career by the age of 16 making pizzas and washing dishes at local restaurants. Throughout high school and college he developed his skills with a focus on French and American cuisines. By the age of 21 he started working full time as an Executive Chef at Sierra Food Service. Career highlights included serving at The Netherland Club in NYC and the AT&T world headquarters executive dining. After many years cooking, he began catering and consulting for the independent film industry, credits include the movies “Ten Benny” and “Restaurant.”