* 2 pounds flank steak
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 teaspoons dry mustard
* ¼ cup whiskey
* 2 tablespoons butter
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 8 Italian rolls
Ingredients (horseradish sauce):
* 8 ounces sour cream
* 2 ounces horseradish
* Pinch of salt and pepper
* Juice of ½ lemon
1. With a sharp knife, score the flank steak, about 1/8 inch deep, making a diamond pattern.
2. Mix garlic, mustard and whiskey together.
3. Place steak and marinade in a resealable bag and refrigerate overnight.
4. Put sour cream, horseradish, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
5. Stir together all the ingredients.
6. Preheat the grill to a medium high heat.
7. Grill steak for about 3-5 minutes per side, brushing with butter periodically.
8. Remove steak from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
9. Slice steak into strips across the grain.
10. Place meat in between a roll.
11. Spread on the desired amount of horseradish cream sauce.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Chef Frank (Frank Sauer) started his cooking career by the age of 16 making pizzas and washing dishes at local restaurants. Throughout high school and college he developed his skills with a focus on French and American cuisines. By the age of 21 he started working full time as an Executive Chef at Sierra Food Service. Career highlights included serving at The Netherland Club in NYC and the AT&T world headquarters executive dining. After many years cooking, he began catering and consulting for the independent film industry, credits include the movies “Ten Benny” and “Restaurant.”