* 1 pound lean ground beef
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon pepper
* 1 package potato dinner rolls
* 5 slices American cheese, quartered
* Red onion
* Dill pickle slices
* Tomato slices
* Romaine lettuce
1. Shape patties in your palm, using about 2 ounces of ground beef.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the grill to a medium high heat.
4. Place patties on the grill for 3 minutes a side.
5. Place a piece of quartered cheese on each meat patty.
6. Cover the grill for another minute until cheese is melted.
7. Split rolls horizontally and place a patty on each roll.
8. Serve with desired condiments.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Chef Frank (Frank Sauer) started his cooking career by the age of 16 making pizzas and washing dishes at local restaurants. Throughout high school and college he developed his skills with a focus on French and American cuisines. By the age of 21 he started working full time as an Executive Chef at Sierra Food Service. Career highlights included serving at The Netherland Club in NYC and the AT&T world headquarters executive dining. After many years cooking, he began catering and consulting for the independent film industry, credits include the movies “Ten Benny” and “Restaurant.”