* 1 (16-oz.) package premium jumbo beef franks
* 8 hot dog buns
* ¼ cup hoisin sauce
* 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
* 2/3 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon pepper
* 1 (12-oz.) package broccoli slaw
* 1 cup bok choy
* 1 cup red cabbage
1. Add hoisin sauce, ginger, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Stir ingredients to combine.
3. Add the broccoli slaw, bok choy, and red cabbage.
4. Toss to coat.
5. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
6. Coat the cooking grates with olive oil.
7. Brush hot dogs with hoisin sauce.
8. Grill hot dogs, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally.
9. Grill buns, covered, split sides down, for 1 minute or until grill marks appear.
10. Serve grilled hot dogs in buns with slaw mixture and desired toppings.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Chef Frank (Frank Sauer) started his cooking career by the age of 16 making pizzas and washing dishes at local restaurants. Throughout high school and college he developed his skills with a focus on French and American cuisines. By the age of 21 he started working full time as an Executive Chef at Sierra Food Service. Career highlights included serving at The Netherland Club in NYC and the AT&T world headquarters executive dining. After many years cooking, he began catering and consulting for the independent film industry, credits include the movies “Ten Benny” and “Restaurant.”