* ¼ cup red wine vinegar
* ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon oregano
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon pepper
* ¾ pound cooked ham
* ¾ pound cooked salami
* ¾ pound Provolone cheese
* ½ head of lettuce
* 1 red onion
* 1 tomato
* 8 pitas or tortilla wraps
1. Pour the red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl.
2. Beat all the ingredients together.
3. Finely shred the ham, salami and cheese and place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Finely shred the lettuce, onion and tomato and toss together with the meats and cheese.
5. Pour the homemade dressing into the large mixing bowl.
6. Combine all the ingredients together, thoroughly mixing to ensure an even coating.
7. Stuff the warm pita bread or tortilla wraps with the mixed ingredients.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Chef Frank (Frank Sauer) started his cooking career by the age of 16 making pizzas and washing dishes at local restaurants. Throughout high school and college he developed his skills with a focus on French and American cuisines. By the age of 21 he started working full time as an Executive Chef at Sierra Food Service. Career highlights included serving at The Netherland Club in NYC and the AT&T world headquarters executive dining. After many years cooking, he began catering and consulting for the independent film industry, credits include the movies “Ten Benny” and “Restaurant.”