Pro football is here. After a long, long offseason, filled with plenty of, well, things that aren’t football, the waiting ends tonight. We’ll pause for a moment here to let that sink in.
[Insert Jeopardy! music]
As football fans know, great food is the perfect complement to the football-watching experience. And that holds true in the parking lot and in your living room.
Tailgate Fan is cooking up another season of tasty tailgating recipes. This week it’s pork chops with pineapple salsa… yum:
Ingredients (pork chops):
* 6 medium sized pork chops, about 1/2 “ thick
* Salt and pepper
* Olive oil
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
* 1 large garlic clove
* Pinch of salt
* 2 scallions, minced
* 2 cups diced fresh pineapple or canned
* 3 tablespoons sweetened grated coconut
* 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
Instructions (pork chops):
1. Wash pork chops and pat them dry.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Grease your grill pan or brush the chops with olive oil.
4. Grill 3-5 minutes on each side until fully cooked (test with a knife to make sure they are not pink).
1. Add all sauce ingredients to blender.
2. Liquify until smooth.
3. Drizzle over grilled pork chops.
1. Mix together salsa ingredients.
3. Serve on the side with pork chops.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.