Sometimes the simplest tailgating recipes are the best. It all comes down to the quality of the ingredients and your skill on the grill. Throw some stuff on the fire and let it work its magic.
Tailgate Fan brings you beef and mango skewers. This is about as simple of a recipe as you’re going to find out there in tailgate land. Heck, you already know two of the three ingredients. And we know you already own a grill.
So there’s no turning back now…
* At least 20 short or 10 long bamboo wood skewers
* 1 pound of your favorite cut of beef, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
* 2 firm but ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
* Chili oil or flavored balsamic vinegar
1. Put a chunk of beef on a skewer.
2. Put a chunk of mango on the skewer.
3. Alternate between beef and mango chunks until you fill up the skewer.
4. Grill skewers to taste, but at least until beef is cooked through.
5. Drizzle with chili oil or flavored balsamic vinegar.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.