No tailgate starts with the main course. Like the fine athletes we watch, us tailgaters need to warm up. And that’s where this delicious recipe comes in.
This week, Tailgate Fan brings you chipotle hummus. This dip comes with a little kick. Try it out with some veggies or pita or even chips. Then break, and come back strong for the main course.
* 4 cups cooked chick peas from a can
* 1/2 cup sesame tahini
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 3 teaspoons ground cumin spice
* 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from a can, more to taste
* 1 cup water
1. Add all ingredients to food processor.
2. Puree until all ingredients are fully pureed and as smooth or chunky as you like.
3. Serve in a serving bowl with an extra drizzle of olive oil on top.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.