So much to grill, so little time. It’s hard to believe that anyone could improve upon a juicy flank steak, sliced thinly and grilled medium rare. (Can you tell we’re hungry?) Well, Tailgate Fan has done just that.
This recipe will wake up your tastebuds with one-two punch of cilantro and garlic. It’s simpler than you might expect. Here’s how to do it.
* 8 ounce flank steak, thinly sliced
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed through a garlic press or minced with a knife
* 1 pinch of kosher salt
* Ground black pepper
* 1 cup washed cilantro leaves
* 1 minced scallion
* 1 large garlic clove
* 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
* 2 tablespoon mayo
* 1 pinch of salt
1. Drizzle the beef with the olive oil until coated.
2. Rub the crushed garlic all over the sliced steak with your hands.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Grill on an indoor or outdoor grill.
1. Combine sauce ingredients in bowl.
2. Puree in a food processor until smooth.
3. Place in a small serving bowl alongside the grilled, sliced steak.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.