Are you tired of grilling hamburgers and hotdogs at those backyard summer barbeques? You can tell us, we’ve been at it as long as anyone. Maybe you just need a break from these tailgating standards. Tailgate Fan has just the solution.
Honey Sriracha Chicken blends the sweet and spicy to ignite your tastebuds in joy and ecstasy. This fabulous recipe can be prepared in an oven, but a grill is preferable, to bring out all the flavors. What are you waiting for? Let’s get to it.
* 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken legs, breasts or thighs
* 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
* 4 tablespoons honey
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated and peeled
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1. Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken pieces using a paper towel.
2. In a large bowl add the other ingredients and mix well, until they are combined.
3. Add the chicken pieces and toss well to coat them all with the marinade.
4. Let the chicken marinate at least for 2 hours.
5. Toss the chicken at least once while it’s marinating.
6. Preheat the oven (or grill) to 400 degrees.
7. Place the marinated chicken pieces in a large baking-dish/on a baking-sheet,in a single layer along
8. Coat with the rest of the marinade.
9. Bake the chicken for about 40-55 minutes, until it is cooked through.
10. Flip the chicken 1-2 times while baking or grilling.
(Note: If grilling, cooking time will be shorter. Use a thermometer to make sure the temperature in the thickest part is at least 165 degrees.)
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.