Summer picnic season rolls on. And Tailgate Fan has another another recipe for that backyard barbeque or parking lot party.
Pomegranate beef quesadillas are another twist on an old favorite. Top them with mango salsa for a summery treat. I can already feel my mouth starting to water as I type these words.
On to the recipe…
* 1/2 pound nice, thinly sliced beef of your choice
* 4 flour tortillas
* 1 cup grated Manchego cheese (or any cheese that you like)
* 1/4 cup pomegranate syrup (sold at many supermarkets, Trader Joe’s and Mediterranean food stores)
* Drizzle of olive oil
* 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/4″ cubes
* 16 ounce bag frozen Sweet Corn, drained well
* 1/2 – 1 whole Jalapeno, minced with seeds (or without seeds, if you don’t like it so spicy)
* 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon sugar
*1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* Cilantro, finely chopped, to taste
1. Marinate the thin slices of the beef in pomegranate syrup for at least a half hour, then grill.
2. Set beef aside in fridge until ready to use.
3. Place half the cheese on one tortilla.
4. Add the desired amount of sliced beef.
5. Spread a drizzle of pomegranate syrup on a second tortilla.
6. Put the beef and cheese tortilla and pomegranate tortilla together like a sandwich.
7. Microwave tortillas for one minute.
8. Repeat process with the other two tortillas.
9. Brown quesadilla in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
1. In a small bowl, mix rice vinegar and sugar together until sugar dissolves.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
3. Stir in rice vinegar/sugar mixture.
4. Top quesadillas with salsa, or serve alongside.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.