Do you love pizza? Okay, maybe that’s a silly question. This is pizza we’re talking about, one of the best foods ever invented. But what if there were a way to make pizza even better?
Tailgate Fan improves upon pizza with individual pizza cupcakes, or at least the recipe for them. They’re easy to make for Sunday and freeze well should you want to save them for later. With the biggest game (and the biggest football party) of the season coming this weekend, why not mix things up a little?
Here’s how to do it:
* Olive oil
* One raw pizza dough cut into 12 equal triangles (Get from your local pizzeria if you can.)
* Approximately 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
* Approximately 1 cup marinara sauce
* Crispy cooked bacon, diced ham, diced sausage, diced pineapple, sauteed vegetables (spinach, mushrooms, onions, etc.) or any other topping you like
1. Put the oven rack in the middle, and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
2. Brush the inside of a cupcake tin with a thin film of olive oil using a silicone brush.
3. Separate the raw dough into 12 parts.
4. Roll out each part into a round disc, about 3″-4″. (If you don’t have a rolling pin, use a can.)
5. Lay a disc in 6 of the cupcake spaces.
6. Fill each with a heaping spoonful of cheese, a spoonful of the marinara sauce and any toppings you’re using.
7. Cover each cupcake with another disc of dough. Each pizza cupcake should have a top.
8. Fill the remaining 6 cupcake spaces with an inch of water (so the tin won’t burn).
9. Bake at 500 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until top begins to brown.
10. Let them cool and then pry out each cupcake with a plastic knife or fork.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.