Skillet lasagna is an easy and delicious way to turn your football viewing into a full-fledged par-tay. Throw in some garlic bread, pour a tall one and let the game begin!
* 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes or 3 1/2 cups pasta sauce from a jar
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 tablespoon)
* 1 pound ground beef OR turkey
* 10 curly-edged lasagna noodles broken into 2-inch lengths
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus two additional tablespoons
* 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
* Ground black pepper
* Red pepper flakes
* 2 cups ricotta cheese
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
1. Pour tomatoes (with their juice) or pasta sauce into 1-quart liquid measuring cup.
2. Add water until mixture measures 1 quart.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
4. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Add ground meat and break apart. Cook until no longer pink, about four minutes.
6. Scatter pasta over meat, but do not stir.
7. Pour diced tomatoes (with juice) or pasta sauce over pasta noodles.
8. Cover and bring to simmer.
9. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 20 minutes.
10. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan and all of mozzarella.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Dot with heaping tablespoons of ricotta, cover, and let stand off heat for 5 minutes.
13. Sprinkle with basil and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.