Photo Credit: Alma Schneider
You’ve never tasted such cheesy goodness. These extra cheesy meatballs will be the life of the party. Just be sure to get some for yourself before your guests snatch them all up! This deliciousness works well as an appetizer or finger food. Serve and enjoy!
* 1 pound ground hamburger meat or ground dark turkey meat
* 3/4 cup red marinara sauce
* 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
* 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* Olive oil for sautéing
1. Combine all meatball ingredients except for the cheese.
2. Roll into one-inch balls.
3. Take a hearty pinch of grated cheese (at least a teaspoon) and stick it into the center of the ball.
4. Cover the cheese up again with more meat mixture.
5. Repeat until all the balls are done.
6. Brown cheese-filled meatballs in olive oil until cooked through.
7. Serve with toothpicks and a side of ketchup or on hamburger buns with your favorite sauce.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.