Photo Credit: Alma Schneider
This recipe, like many buffalo nuggets, is spicy and creamy. The twist here: Sriracha chili sauce! A little spicier and a lot more delicious!
Chicken Mixture Ingredients:
* 3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
* 1/3 cup Sriracha hot sauce
* 3 ounces cream cheese
* 2 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed in a food processor
* Olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, Sriracha sauce, cheddar cheese and salt. (Works best if you do it with your hands.)
4. Pour the Corn Flake crumbs into a shallow bowl.
5. Make one inch balls with the chicken mixture, roll them in the Corn Flake crumbs and lay them on the parchment paper.
6. Spray the balls with olive oil spray
7. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes. Check to make sure they don’t burn!
8. Serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt with a squirt of hot sauce and a bit of honey to taste as a sauce. YUM!!
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.