Having a tailgate around the Holidays? Then you’ll probably need to spice things up with some holiday fare and flair. Include these Marzipan Bars in your spread and kill two birds with one stone. Nothing says Holidays more than marzipan! These easy yet delicious bars will melt in your mouth, leaving your guests feeling festive and satisfied.
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
* Pinch of salt
* 2 sticks butter at room temperature
* 1 1/2 cups marzipan (almond paste)
* 12 ounces chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Fully combine ingredients for Crust with an electric mixer or by hand.
3. Take 1/2 the dough and spread it in an 8″ X 8″ brownie pan.
4. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups almond paste.
5. Cover with other 1/2 of dough by pressing down to fully cover.
6. Bake on middle rack in oven until it starts to turn golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove pan from the oven, evenly place chocolate chips over the cooked dough.
8. Put pan back in oven and let sit for 3 minutes until chips melt.
9. Remove pan and spread chocolate around like frosting to cover entire surface.
10. Score and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.