Sometimes simple is best. And with so much preparation needed for that perfect tailgate, it’s nice to be able to quickly cross something off the list.
This go-to, five-minute guacamole will turn your tailgating party into a real fiesta. Whip, serve and, boom, enjoy!
* 2 avocados
* 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
* 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
* 1 large clove garlic, minced
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
* Tortilla chips
1. Scoop out avocados and mash with a fork.
2. Mix in cilantro, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Place in a small bowl with chips stuck into it.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.