Getting tired of the same old salsa, day after day, year after year? Spice things up with this Thai-inspired variation. But keep your tastebuds on alert, this recipe can get a little hot.
* 1 cup pineapple, small dice
* 2 minced scallions, green and white
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* Juice of 2 limes
* 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
* 3 tiny minced Thai peppers or 1-2 minced jalapeno peppers
* Salt and a touch of sugar to taste
* (Add in a bit of chopped cabbage if you want to make it into a slaw)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl
2. Chill and serve with chips.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.