No matter how much you eat — and us tailgaters know from eating — there will always be Thanksgiving leftovers. That’s just how it works. So what do you do with all that extra turkey? Turn it into a decadent pot pie for your next tailgate!
Here’s how to carry Turkey Day through to the weekend parking lot party. Your guests will gobble it up.
* 1 prepared pie crust
* 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, chopped
* 1 cup potatoes, 1/2″ chunks, cooked
* 1 cup carrots, 1/2″ round coins, steamed (not overly mushy)
* 1 onion, chopped, sauteed (optional)
* 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
* Pinch of salt and pepper
Ingredients (Bechamel Sauce):
* 2 cups whole milk
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* Pinch of salt, pepper and additional nutmeg to taste
1. Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
2. Add in flour and stir until combined.
3. Slowly add in milk and keep stirring until the mixture becomes thick and cheesy.
4. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir and set aside.
5. Mix above filling ingredients with the cooked Bechamel.
6. Spoon into preheated pie crust.
7. OPTIONAL: To make it extra fancy, add cooked biscuits or a sheet of separately baked puff pastry on the top.
8. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.