Sometims your guests start arriving, but the food isn’t ready yet. Leave out these appetizers, and watch the fans go nuts! My friend Lauren shared this recipe with me and it is a definite tailgating keeper. And why wouldn’t it be? Beer… sausage? You can’t go wrong with that combination!
* 1 16-ounce package Kielbasa, cut into 1-inch sections
* 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 bottle of beer, any kind
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and olive oil.
2. Add the kielbasa and saute for a few minutes.
3. Pour in the beer. It will foam up. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until beer is reduced to a thick sauce.
5. Serve with toothpicks. Enjoy!
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.