This orzo salad side dish is the perfect accompaniment to some grilled ribs, chicken sliders. You can double or triple the recipe for a crowd.
* 3 cups cooked orzo (just boil uncooked orzo like pasta and drain when tender)
* 2 chopped carrots, small dice
* 2 cups corn, freshly cut off 2 cooked cobs or frozen, thawed and dried
* 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce or any lettuce
* 2 tablespoons currants
* Approx. 1/4 cup mustard vinaigrette
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1 teaspoon maple syrup
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1. Add salad ingredients to a large bowl.
2. Toss gently, and set aside.
3. Add vinaigrette ingredients to a medium-sized bowl.
4. Whisk vinaigrette ingredients until fully combined.
5. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing to the salad and gently toss.
6. Add salt and pepper and additional dressing to taste and gently toss again.
Serves about 6.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Visit Gridiron Grub for additional tailgating treats.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.