Even tailgaters can’t live on beef alone, crazy as that may seem. This moist and delicious chicken dish, created by my husband’s Uncle Art, will have your tailgate buddies lining up for more. Try it with some potato salad and, of course, a couple cold beers. This recipe serves four, so be prepared to double or triple it.
* 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins (boneless chicken breasts in chicken finger shapes)
* 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs (or crushed cornflakes)
* 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 3/4 cup flour
* 1 cup buttermilk
* Salt and pepper
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil if frying or olive oil spray if baking
1. Rinse off the chicken and dry with paper towels.
2. Lay the chicken on a plate.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Set out 3 shallow bowl.
5. Put flour in the first bowl, buttermilk in the second bowl and breadcrumbs mixed with cheese in the third bowl.
6. Dip the chicken in flour, shake off.
7. Then dip in buttermilk and let drip off.
8. Then dip in breadcrumbs and cheese.
9. Place heavy medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to coat pan.
10. Fry for about 5 minutes on one side, until golden brown, and then flip over and cook for another 5 minutes.
11. Cut into chicken to make sure it is opaque and cooked through.
If Oven Baking:
1. Bread chicken the same way but spray with olive oil spray and place on a rack over a cookie sheet in a 425 degree oven.
2. Bake for about 10 minutes, flip over and cook another 5 minutes.
3. Cut into it to make sure it is cooked through.
4. Bake longer if still raw but cover with tin foil so the crust doesn’t burn.
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Check out Tailgate Fan to keep the party going.