Admit it, we had you at bacon. This simple appetizer will leave your fellow tailgaters drooling for more. Fights have been known to break out over the last one. Keep the link handy because your guests will be asking for this recipe. It’s THAT good!
* 50 pitted dates (pitting them yourself is a pain in the butt)
* 1/2 pound goat cheese
* 1 pound bacon
1. Slit the dates.
2. Mush about a teaspoon of goat cheese inside each date and push sides together.
3. Slice the bacon in thirds.
4. Wrap a third of bacon around each date and place seam side down on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 400 degrees until the bacon is cooked through or the cheese starts to turn a bit golden (about 15-20 minutes).
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Check out Tailgate Fan to keep the party going.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.