Nothing says tailgating like barbeque (and probably beer). And nothing says barbeque like ribs. You don’t have to be at a Rams game to enjoy these St. Louis-style ribs. Dig in.
* 4 pounds ribs
* 2 large, sliced yellow onions
Ingredients (dry rub):
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
*1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
* 1 1/2 cup standard chili sauce
* 1/4 cup apple cider or balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
1. Combine dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a separate small bowl.
3. Make sure the ribs all fit in a 6-quart slow cooker.
4. Place the sliced onions in the pot, then add the ribs on top.
5. Rub the dry mixture all over the ribs.
6. Pour combined liquid ingredients all over the ribs.
7. Cover the crock pot and slow cook for at least 8 hours.
8. Mix the sauce and ribs before serving and enjoy!
Find more tasty recipes for your next tailgate.
Check out Tailgate Fan to keep the party going.
Alma Schneider is a licensed Clinical Social Worker helping individuals overcome their psychological and practical obstacles to cooking and parenting on her blog and consulting business, Take Back the Kitchen. She is a native New Yorker transplanted to the suburbs with her husband, four children and loving yet stubborn Beagle Shiloh.